7 Bathroom Essentials to Make Waking Up a Little Less Painful
Waking up is tough. That’s why it’s crucial to have a bathroom stocked with products to make slugging off the covers on that cold Winter day slightly less of a chore.
- Molton Brown Black Pepper Body Scrub Bar, $22 — Consider this the pregame to your morning cup of coffee. You know that sharp hit of spice you get when eating a perfect steak au poivre? That’s what this feels like.
- Ahava Dead Sea Smoothing Body Exfoliator, $28 — Use this a few times a week to get all the grime of the city off of you. It leaves your skin feeling startlingly soft.
- Kerastase for Men, $28 — No better way to take care of your mane than with a small amount of this every other day. As Jack Donaghy says, “After all, your hair is your head suit.”
- Kiehl’s Creme de Corps, $29.50 — It’s dry out there, and you need a body lotion to replenish everything the cold Winter air takes out of you. Slather this on right after getting out of the shower.
- Fresh Sake Bath, $48 — I personally think it gets you drunk by osmosis, but I have yet to confirm this theory. I fucking love this stuff so much. I never thought of myself as a bath person until I met the sake bath. It’s made from distilled sake and it’s scented with ginger. Put two capfulls of the syrup into the water, soak for at least 20 minutes, and feel the stress melt away.
- L’Occitane Lavander Hand Soap, $20 — There’s no beating the sharp, minty lavender scent to this liquid soap. I’d also keep it in my kitchen if it wasn’t so damn expensive.
- The Art of Shaving Shave Kit in Sandalwood, $160 — When I was first introduced to this 4 step shaving process, I was skeptical. Using the oil and after shave lotion seemed like adding to a process I simply wanted to expedite. But trust me, you’ll become a believer the instant you try it. Not only does it significantly cut down on razor burn, but you’ll suddenly look forward to shaving. Bonus points: you feel all old timey when using the brush, which exfoliates as it lathers.